These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) governing the use of the hosting platform and related services (the “Platform”) and your participation in any virtual event, meeting, fair, virtual booth, show, seminar or conference (the “Virtual Event”) owned and operated by Exponaut OÜ (registry code: 16067851) (the “Exponaut”). By registering for the Virtual Event, you agree to these Terms, which form a binding legal contract between the Virtual Event owner and host, (Exponaut) and the registered attendee, uploader of content or participant (“you” or “Participant”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have their permission to complete the registration on their behalf and have made the Participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
1.1 Access. Your registration entitles you to access the Virtual Event for which you have registered. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance shall be borne solely by you, and Exponaut shall have no liability for such costs.
1.2 Use of Likeness. By participating in the Virtual Event, you acknowledge and agree to grant Exponaut the right at the Virtual Event to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to Exponaut includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
1.3 Virtual Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that Exponaut, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Virtual Event, including but not limited to, the Virtual Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue and time. Virtual Event content is recorded by Exponaut and will be accessible to registrants.
2.1 Limitations on Use. By registering for a Exponaut Virtual Event you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by Exponaut. If Exponaut determines that you have violated this policy, Exponaut may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
2.2 Disruptive Conduct. You acknowledge and agree that Exponaut reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if Exponaut, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behaviour create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other Participants.
2.3 Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at Virtual Events for commercial use and retransmission of the content on other Platforms than Exponaut’s selected ones.
2.4 Unethical/Non-Compliant Business Practices. Exponaut reserves the right to deny participation to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
2.5 In addition to the requirements and prohibitions set forth in this Section 2, Exponaut may also exclude any prospective participant from registering for or participating in any Virtual Event, in Exponaut’s sole discretion.
3.1 Payment. The payment of the applicable fee for the Virtual Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, Exponaut may refuse to allow you to access the Virtual Event and shall have no liability in that regard.
3.2 Taxes. The fees may be subject to value added tax or other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
4.1 Exponaut strives to provide you with the most productive and effective event experience possible. As speakers are confirmed months before the Virtual Event, some speaker changes or topic changes may occur in the program. Exponaut is not responsible for speaker changes but will work to ensure a comparable speaker is located to participate in the program.
4.2 In any other case, cancellations are subject to the entire Virtual Event registration fee. All sales are final. No payments will be refunded or refundable. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Virtual Event, you are still responsible for payment. In no event shall the Exponaut be obligated to refund all of the registration fee.
4.3 If Exponaut is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Virtual Event you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such Virtual Event cannot be virtually conducted because of a software or issue with the Platform or due to a force majeure event defined on the basis of the Estonian Law of Obligations Act, Exponaut shall have the right to immediately terminate the affected Virtual Event without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to Registrant. If the affected Virtual Event is terminated due to a Force Majeure occurrence before the first day of the Virtual Event, then Exponaut will reschedule the affected Virtual Event and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled Virtual Event.
5.1 Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box too in case any of your Virtual Event email(s) are caught by spam filters.
5.2 You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email address and mailing address that are provided on your registration form.
5.3 In addition, you will also be added to the Virtual Event participant list for notifications of future Virtual Events.
5.4 If you would like to opt-out of any of these benefits, a link is provided in each email to provide the ability to opt-out.
7.1 All intellectual property rights in and to the Virtual Event, the Virtual Event content, the hosting platform and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event are owned by Exponaut, or the Virtual Event sponsors, exhibitors or speakers presenting at the Virtual Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Virtual Event, in any Virtual Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event for any reason without the prior written permission of Exponaut or respective right holder.
7.2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, by uploading, submitting, posting, or displaying any information, videos, or other media (together referred to as ”Content”) on or through the Platform, you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to Exponaut, free of charge, all your proprietary rights and interest that you may have to the Content, including copyrights to any works within the meaning of copyright laws.
To the extent that any of the rights pertaining to the Content cannot be assigned (e.g. moral rights), you hereby grant us, free of charge, the exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right to use all such rights (exclusive global licence) for the entire period of legal protection thereof.
The rights in this section shall be deemed to be transferred to Exponaut retroactively, as of the moment of creation of such Content by you.
7.3. So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, and non-assignable license to access and use our hosting services of the platform. We can terminate this license by giving you notice with a reasonable period in advance.
7.4. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by Exponaut or any of its affiliates, nor do these Terms grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of Exponaut or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of Exponaut and its affiliates.
7.5. Exponaut does not host some of the content displayed on our services. Users have the ability to post content that is actually hosted by a third party but is embedded in our pages (an “Embed”). When you interact with an Embed, it can send information about your interaction to the hosting third party just as if you were visiting the third party’s site directly. For example, when you load a content with a YouTube video Embed and watch the video, YouTube receives information about your activity, such as your IP address and how much of the video you watch. Exponaut does not control what information third parties collect through Embeds or what they do with the information.
8.1 Exponaut gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Virtual Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Virtual Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing these Terms, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Virtual Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, sponsors or exhibitors at the Virtual Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of Exponaut or any employee thereof. Virtual Event makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees, exhibitors or sponsors at a Exponaut Virtual Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Exponaut does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
8.2 Except as required by law, neither Exponaut nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Virtual Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with these Terms.
8.3 The maximum aggregate liability of Virtual Event for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Virtual Event or these Terms, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to Exponaut under these Terms.
Virtual Event’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Exponaut shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Exponaut reasonable control. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of Estonia and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Estonian courts. If Exponaut substantially prevails in an action brought under these Terms, it is entitled to recover from you its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. You agree that these Terms constitute a binding agreement between Exponaut and you which supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of concluding this agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Exponaut in any respect whatsoever.
If you are an Exhibitor or Sponsor for a Virtual Event, the following terms and conditions apply to you in addition to and as a part of the Terms and the Agreement:
Exponaut OÜ is referred to herein as “the Organizer”. “Exhibitor” or “Sponsor” refer to the applicant that signed up as the exhibitor on the sign-up page https://www.exponaut.me/welcome (“Welcome”) which forms part of this Agreement.
1. Virtual Event Participation Fee — The Virtual Event Participation Fee is the total fee payable by the Exhibitor to the Organizer in respect of the licensing of the Virtual Exhibition Booth, where the Exhibitor’s exhibition is held (“Virtual Exhibition”), sponsorship, advertisement and related services. The Virtual Event Participation Fee and payment terms are stated on the Cover Page of the Exhibitor/Sponsorship Confirmation. All payments are non-refundable except as otherwise expressly provided herein. The entire Virtual Event Participation Fee must be paid in full prior to the Virtual Event dates and prior to publishing their Virtual Exhibition Booth. In the Virtual Event of total or partial cancellation (space size reduction) by the Exhibitor, the Virtual Event participation Fee will not be reduced or refunded, and the total amount will be due.
If the Exhibitor fails to pay the entire Virtual Event Participation Fee at the time specified, or fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions or rules and regulations, the Organizer may reassign the Virtual Exhibition Booth location reserved for the Exhibitor and/or may resell the exhibition booth location to another party. The Organizer reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue amounts under these Terms.
2. Cancellation/Termination — If the Exhibitor cancels or breaches these Terms for any reason whatsoever, in addition to whatever rights the Organizer may have under applicable law, any payments made by the Exhibitor prior to the date of termination shall be retained by the Organizer. The Exhibitor shall also be liable for any payments required to be paid but not paid as of date of cancellation or breach of this Agreement.
If the use of the Platform for the purpose of a Virtual Exhibition shall become impossible because of a software issue or if the holding of the Virtual Exhibition or the performance of any of the provisions of these Terms are interfered with by virtue of any force majeure event, these Terms, the agreement they constitute and/or the Virtual Exhibition (or any part thereof), may be terminated or cancelled by the Organizer without the Organizer being liable in damages or otherwise to the Exhibitor. The Organizer shall also not be responsible for delays, claims, demands, damages, losses, increased costs, liabilities, changes, actions, expenses or any other unfavourable direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise conditions arising by virtue of any cause not within the control of the Organizer. Upon termination or cancellation of the agreement, the Organizer shall not be liable to the Exhibitor other than for a refund of the contract price paid by the Exhibitor prorated on the basis of the number of exhibition days remaining. For purposes hereof, the phrase “cause not within the control of the Organizer” shall include fire, casualty, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion or accident, blockage, embargo, inclement weather, governmental restraints, restraints or orders of civil defence or military authorities, act of public enemy, riot or civil disturbance or commotion, malicious damage, sabotage, vandalism, acts of terrorism, or other similar activities, strike, lockout, boycott or other labour dispute or disturbance, inability to secure sufficient labour, technical or other personnel, failure, inability to obtain or requisition or commandeering of necessary supplies or equipment, change in local, state or other law, ordinance, rule, order, decree or regulation, whether legislative, executive or judicial.
This Agreement may be terminated by the Organizer if in the Organizer’s opinion, the Exhibitor does not or may be unable to perform or comply with any of its obligations.
3. Virtual Exhibition Booth Assignment — The Organizer shall use reasonable efforts to make Virtual Exhibition Booth assignments in accordance with the Exhibitor’s requests. However, the Organizer reserves the right to make final determination of all Virtual Exhibition Booth assignments. The Organizer shall have no liability for its failure or inability to comply with the Exhibitor’s requests, and the Exhibitor shall have no right to cancel this Agreement because of the Organizer’s failure to comply with the Exhibitor’s requests.
Virtual Exhibition Booths will be allocated at the Organizer’s full discretion. The Organizer may change the floor plan and/or the configuration of the Virtual Exhibition Booths.
4. No Assignment or “Subletting” of Space/booth — The assigned Virtual Exhibition Booth space is for use by the Exhibitor only. The Exhibitor may not assign its rights under these Terms and may not permit or “sublet” all or any part of its Virtual Exhibition Booth space to any other business or firm, unless the Organizer has given prior written approval. Any such assignment, permission or “sublease” without the Organizer’s prior written approval shall be null and void.
The Exhibitors are not permitted to give their assigned Virtual Exhibition Booth space either fully or in part to a third party, whether for payment or free of charge.
5. Warranty — The Exhibitor represents, warrants and undertakes that it is the principal and not an agent or nominee of any third party, and the exhibits to be displayed and/or materials uploaded by the Exhibitor at the Virtual Exhibition do not infringe or are not likely to infringe any patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property right of any party and it agrees that in the event of any breach of the representations, warranties and undertakings herein contained in these Terms, the license herein granted may be terminated by the Organizer (without the Organizer being liable for any damages or claim whatsoever and without prejudice to the Organizer’s other rights and remedies) and the Exhibitor shall indemnify the Organizer against all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, charges, actions and expenses incurred by the Organizer as a result of such breach.
6. Right to Reject or Eject — The Organizer may reject, eject or prohibit the Virtual Exhibition in whole or part, or the Exhibitor or its representatives, with or without giving cause. If cause is not given, the maximum liability of the Organizer (if any) shall not exceed the prorated amount of the contract price paid by the Exhibitor based on the number of days of the Virtual Exhibition remaining at the time of ejection. If any exhibit part of the Virtual Exhibition or the Exhibitor or its representatives is ejected for violation of any provisions of this Agreement or for any other stated reason, no refund of any portion of the contract price shall be made.
7. Indemnification – The Exhibitor shall be liable for and shall insure, indemnify fully and effectively and hold the Organizer, their respective shareholders harmless against any and all costs, claims, demands, losses, liabilities, charges, actions and expenses which any of them may be subject to or may incur or which may be made, claimed or instituted against them or any of them as a result of any act, breach of any of the terms of this Agreement, omission, conduct or failure of the Exhibitor or its directors, officers, agents, servants, invitees or independent contractors. The Exhibitor’s aforesaid indemnity shall extend to cover all losses caused to any persons or property however caused by the Exhibitor or its personnel, or otherwise arising while the said persons are accessing the Virtual Exhibit Booth or downloading exhibitor materials.
8. Liability Limitation — The liability of the Organizer (if any) shall under no circumstances (whether arising from breach of contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount of the Virtual Event Participation Fee paid by the Exhibitor.
9. artial InvalidityP — The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
10. Revocation — Upon termination of this Agreement the license granted is revoked and thereupon the Exhibitor shall immediately leave the Exhibition Premises and remove the Exhibit.
11. Set-Off Clause — The Organizer may in its sole discretion, deduct from or set-off against any money due by the Organizer to the Exhibitor or any sum which the Exhibitor is liable to pay to the Organizer.
12. Assignment Clause — The Organizer may without the consent or approval of the Exhibitor, assign or transfer its rights and/or obligations under this Agreement. The Exhibitor may not assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement.
13. Integration — This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Organizer and the Exhibitor. It may not be orally modified. Only an agreement in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the party against whom enforcement or waiver or modification is sought will be enforceable.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction — This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Estonia. Any action commenced by the Exhibitor arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or arising out of or relating to the Exhibition shall be brought solely in the courts of the Harju County Court, Harjumaa, Estonia.
We may make changes to these Terms in the future and we will notify you of any such changes. It is important that you read any updated terms before you continue to use the Exponaut Platform.
Terms & Conditions of using the Exponaut OÜ’s Platform, last updated 1 July 2022.